Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hola from Ecuador!

Hi! My name is Alejandra Pasquel. I am a first year, pre-commerce student from Quito - Ecuador. There are many reasons why I chose to leave home and come to UVA. When I started researching for colleges I considered different aspects like academics, location and student diversity. UVA is a university that compiled all of these but at the same time it has the right mixture between academic and social life.

Before coming I talked to people that attended here and listed to their experiences, which made me want to live these moments as well. Being here I understand their excitement and pride to be a UVA student. There really are so many opportunities available to do what you like and to meet other people. It is a big university but at the same time it is such a tight community. In the academic environment I have noticed this as well, by how people work together and help each other.

This is what I love about UVA, the friendly people, the warm community and the sense of belonging that you instantly acquire. It really has been an amazing experience for me and I wouldn’t change it for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment